A heart attack can be a terrifying event -- not only for the person who has one, but for friends and family. There's a tremendous amount of uncertainty to deal with in the early hours and days: How badly was the heart damaged? Even when the answers to specific questions aren't clear, it helps to know what to expect in the coming days and weeks.
Who's at Risk for Heart Attack
What a Heart Attack Looks Like
- How to Tell if Someone Is Having a Heart Attack
- 7 Early Warning Signs of a Heart Attack
- 7 Heart Attack Signs Women -- and Doctors -- Often Miss
- How can I tell if my mother's having an angina episode or a heart attack?
- Can heart attack symptoms occur over the course of a few days?
- Heart Attacks at 65 and Older: The Symptoms Aren't Always What You'd Think