Frequently Asked Questions About Incontinence
A helpful article provides advice on for adult children caring for a parent with incontinence. Find out how to broach the topic of incontinence and resolve common issues.
It can be difficult to discuss incontinence with an older person -- but there are ways to make it easier. How to discuss incontinence with an adult.
Make discussions about adult incontinence less stressful by knowing what not to say, and by trying these supportive alternatives.
More About Frequently Asked Questions About Incontinence
- 11 Questions to Ask When Selecting Incontinence Products
- 7 Medications That Can Cause Incontinence
- What Is Incontinence?
- Physical Therapy for Incontinence
- Is Your Bladder Trying to Tell You Something?
- 5 Ways to Cope With the Emotional Side of Incontinence
- Bladder Problems
- Top Bladder Triggers
- Incontinence? These Medications Can Help
- 11 Questions to Ask When Choosing Incontinence Products
- Bowel Incontinence Care
- 10 Foods to Avoid if You Have an Overactive Bladder
- 5 Ways to Fix a Leaky Bladder Without Surgery
- Symptoms of Overactive Bladder
- Menopause and Sleep
- How to Stop Incontinence From Sabotaging Your Sex Life
- How can I deal with my mother's incontinence?
- How can I get my incontinent father to wear diapers?
- How Do I Lessen Embarrassment for an Incontinent Person?
- What's the best way to control odor from urinary incontinence?
- How can I protect my incontinent mother's skin?
- What If I Can't Handle Caring for Someone With Incontinence?
- How can I tell whether my father's incontinence after his stroke is temporary?
- How can I minimize the damage caused to the furniture by my incontinent father?
- How do I get the stains and smell associated with urine out of a recliner?
- Will Medicare pay for adult diapers?
- How do I deal with a husband with Parkinson's who has problems with urination but refuses to wear diapers or even underwear?
- How can I handle washing my mom's clothes from her incontinence in a sanitary way?
- How can I help my husband from becoming sore due to his bowel incontinence?
- Is there a mask for caregivers to use when changing geriatric diapers?
- How do I go about changing adult diaper for my mother, who suffers from dementia and incontinence, to prevent her reaching into her diaper?
- What Is Bladder Training?