Falls and Dementia Solution Center
People with dementia fall more often and have more trouble reporting pain and injury. Choose the category below that best matches your needs right now.
My loved one has just fallen
- When to Call 911 or Get Same-Day Medical Attention After Someone With Dementia Falls
- Caring Checklist: What to Be Sure to Tell a Doctor After Someone With Dementia Falls
- Caring Checklist: What Doctors Should Evaluate After Someone With Dementia Falls
- FAQ: What should I tell the doctors in urgent care or the emergency room about the faller's dementia?
- FAQ: What should I be looking for after a fall to be sure my loved One is OK?
My loved one has been falling a lot
I'm worried about future falls
My loved one has a broken bone and needs to be hospitalized
Caregiving at Home
Tip: Superhero Caregivers: 3 Ways to Give Yourself a Break
Dementia caregivers often don't know how to let anyone else give them support. How to help yourself accept help. read more