If you have a troubled relationship with a relative or other loved one, try these strategies to help you function effectively and remain sane -- as a caregiver
How to keep a dangerous driver off the roads and out of harm's way -- what to do if your parents refuse to stop driving.
What you need to know to create a safe environment for someone with Alzheimer's who wanders.
More About Difficult Behaviors
- Parkinson's Disease: A Guide to Mind and Mood
- Behavior After Stroke
- Dementia and Hygiene
- How to Solve Eating Problems Common to People With Alzheimer's and Other Dementias
- How to Cope With the Physical Aggression of Alzheimer's
- How to React When Someone With Dementia Is Inappropriate in Public
- How to Care for Someone Who Has Cancer - AND a Negative Attitude
- What could be wrong with my mother-in-law who makes irrational decisions and wets herself, yet the hospital says she's competent?
- My 88 year old father is uncharacteristically making accussions of my mother. What could be wrong?
- Are Alzheimer patients aware of their aggressive behavior?
- How can I keep my father, who has dementia, from losing things?
- What's the best way to respond when my parent with memory problems keeps repeating himself?
- What's the diplomatic way to handle wild accusations by a parent with Alzheimer's?
- What if your mom is abusive should you have her move in...
- How can I deal with my mom's bossy attitude?
- Is it OK to wish that my father would just hurry up and die?
- What can we do if my aunt is about to be kicked out of her nursing home due to anger issues?
- How can I deal with changing eating habits?
- Can Alzheimer's affect how someone feels about the outdoors?
- My mom, who cares for my dad with Alzheimer's, has developed a gambling problem. How can I help?
- How can I help my mother, who becomes agitated every evening?
- What is sundown syndrome?
- How can I resolve taking care of my boyfriend's grandmother?
- Mother Angry At Being In Assisted Living
- Only Child With Mom Living 400 Miles Away With Dementia
- Desperate For Help!!
- Living with my dad has me on my last nerve and I NEED TO VENT!
- My Mom With Alzheimer's Won't Take Her Medicine Properly -- What Can I Do?
- I'm About Ready to Give up on my Alcoholic Mother
- My Mother-in-law has Alzheimer's and She Won't Stop Pinching Her Family Members
- Anyone else feel "stuck" being a caregiver?
- The Alzheimer's Project
- I'm caring for a difficult husband and want to leave but he has no one else.
- My Dad Has Alzheimer's -- and He's Addicted to Prescription Drugs