Dealing with a Depressed Parent
When someone is struggling with depression, here's what you can -- and can't -- do to help.
Depression is a risk for many Americans. Learn depression's common causes, and how to prevent a down mood from turning into debilitating depression.
When you're feeling depressed, ignore those chips and sweets and try these 5 foods, whose effects on the brain and body can help boost your mood.
More About Dealing with a Depressed Parent
- Depressive Symptoms
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry: Interview With Christine deVries
- How to Deal With Post Heart Attack Depression
- 11 Warning Signs of Depression
- 8 Types of Good Lighting Your Loved One With Depression Needs
- Bipolar Facts and Statistics
- Senior Depression: The Facts
- Stroke and Depression
- Memory Trouble? Don't Assume It's Alzheimer's
- Better Sleep for Dementia Caregivers: Two Fresh Solutions
- Can't Get a Good Night's Sleep? 5 Surprising Reasons
- 3 Conditions That Can Masquerade as "Dementia Getting Worse"
- Women and Sexual Health
- 5 Surprising Benefits to Drinking Coffee
- Lung Cancer Signs
- Senior Blues
- Since her cancer diagnosis, my mother has seemed very depressed. Does she need professional help?
- My mother has been depressed since her cancer diagnosis; how can I persuade her to see a therapist?
- Is there treatment for elderly depression?
- How do I help a friend dealing with illness and depression?
- Do men go through menopause?
- How do you treat grief-related depression?
- How can I tell if behavior is related to depression or dementia?
- My mom asked to be moved to assisted living, and now she is miserable. What can I do?
- How do I manage living with a depressed and reclusive father?
- How Can I Tell if an Elder Is Just Sad or Is Depressed?
- What are the signs of depression?
- Can depression cause panic attacks?
- How do you help someone accept a change to assisted living?
- Am I experiencing grief or depression?
- Is it Alzheimer's or depression?
- Do Alzheimer's patients typically take depression medication?