Keep your eyes open for red flags that your loved one's finances might be off track.
You won't know what kind of shape your parent's finances are in until you ask. Money is always a sticky topic, so come to the discussion prepared to cover the most important issues:
The high cost of health insurance is a critical problem for countless Americans. Learn 12 ways to save money on your health insurance costs.
More About Caregiver Finances
- How do we buy a house back that had a reverse mortage?
- Is Mom incompetent to handle her finances?
- Am I responsible for my mother's bills if she can not pay them?
- Is Mom liable for Dad's credit card debt?
- Can I stop Dad's irresponsible spending?
- How can I get Mom to control her finances?
- Should my mother sell me her house now?
- Who is ultimately responsible for funeral expenses?
- Can I get my brother off Mom's bank account?
- How do I sell mom's house now that dad has died?