You won't know what kind of shape your parent's finances are in until you ask. Money is always a sticky topic, so come to the discussion prepared to cover the most important issues:
Keep your eyes open for red flags that your loved one's finances might be off track.
The high cost of health insurance is a critical problem for countless Americans. Learn 12 ways to save money on your health insurance costs.
More About Caregiver Finances
- How do we buy a house back that had a reverse mortage?
- Is Mom incompetent to handle her finances?
- How can I get Mom to control her finances?
- Should my mother sell me her house now?
- Can I stop Dad's irresponsible spending?
- Is Mom liable for Dad's credit card debt?
- Am I responsible for my mother's bills if she can not pay them?
- Can I get my brother off Mom's bank account?
- Who is ultimately responsible for funeral expenses?
- How do I sell mom's house now that dad has died?