State Driving Laws in Washington
Specific rules for older drivers
Standard driver's license renewal
- License renewed: Every 5 years.
- Renewal conditions: In person only at age 65 and older. Those under age 65 can renew in person, or online or by mail every other cycle.
- Vision test: Yes, in person only.
- Written test: Only if warranted by a vision, health, or medical screening.
- Road test: Only if warranted by a vision, health, or medical screening.
For more information
Washington Department of Licensing
1125 Washington Street SE
PO Box 9020
Olympia, WA 98507-9020