State Driving Laws in Nebraska
Specific rules for older drivers
- Drivers 72 or older must renew their license in person.
Standard driver's license renewal:
- License renewed: Every 5 years.
- Renewal conditions: In person, or via mail if out of state. Online renewals are available for drivers under 72.
- Vision test: Yes.
- Written test: No, unless license has been expired for more than one year or has been suspended, revoked, or canceled.
- Road test: No, unless license has been expired for more than one year or has been suspended, revoked, or canceled.
For more information:
Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles
Nebraska State Office Building
301 Centennial Mall South
PO Box 94789
Lincoln, NE 68509-4726
Stay Connected With Caring.com
Get news & tips via e-mail