State Driving Laws in Massachusetts
Specific rules for older drivers
- Drivers 75 and older must renew in person.
Standard driver's license renewal
- License renewed: Every 5 years.
- Renewal conditions: In person, or every other cycle by Internet or mail.
- Vision test: Yes.
- Written test: No, unless indicated for legal or medical reasons.
- Road test: No, unless indicated for legal or medical reasons.
For more information:
The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 199100
Boston, MA 02119-9100
Stay Connected With Caring.com
Get news & tips via e-mail