Take a Break
Tired? Try the #1 Power Snack
Last updated: Jul 20, 2011
It's nutty that nuts have such a poor reputation among many Americans. Misperceived as calorie-rich snacks that can make you fat, nuts are actually one of the smarter snacks you can choose -- especially if you're short on time and want a nutritious hit of energy. Your best bet: walnuts, which pack just the right combination of protein and energy-boosting monounsaturated fats. Walnuts also contain double the antioxidants of any other nuts. And like other types of nuts, they provide high-quality fiber and vitamins. Numerous studies have linked just an ounce of nuts a day to a reduced risk of heart disease and lower weight gain over time.
-- Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health