Take a Break
Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
Last updated: Dec 07, 2011
No time to relax? Fool yourself into thinking you do by adding relaxation-inducing scents to your day. Many stores use this technique to lull you into a state of calm when you shop. In 2008, scientists set out to create "the world's most relaxing room." The scent of lavender was central to the mood they created. Sachets of lavender in pillows can help you drift to sleep. Or light a lavender-scented candle or use room spray to get a calming effect all through the house.
-- Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health