Take a Break
Look Out a Window. Look Up. Right Now.
Last updated:October 19, 2011
No time to relax? Try something as simple as stepping outside and looking up at the sky. A considerable body of research extols the health benefits of being in the outdoors, including easing stress and lowering blood pressure. Some psychologists believe that you can give yourself a small dose of this relaxation by skygazing "“ watching the clouds, sunrise or sunset, or night stars. The skyscape is ever-changing and never boring, even on a cloudy day. Watching the sky for even a few minutes can be meditative "“ and even better if it compels you to stroll outside and soak up some valuable vitamin D, too.
-- Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health