Take a Break
Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
Last updated: Nov 16, 2011
Reading fiction is a wonderful way to transport yourself to another reality. Don't have time to sit with a book? Try an audiobook. You can download one onto a CD or your iPod or other MP3 player and listen with headphones or in your car. (Libraries loan them, free.) Some busy caregivers find that electronic book readers have made it easier to get through a novel because they can carry it anywhere and never lose their place. Or just give old-fashioned paperbacks or hardbacks a try, treating yourself to a few pages in the evening when you'd normally turn on the TV -- or lie there tossing and turning as you try to fall asleep. Reading can help you relax and sleep better.
-- Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health