Take a Break
Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health
Last updated: Nov 02, 2011
You probably know all the health benefits of a rich social network, including a lower risk of illnesses ranging from depression to dementia. The trouble is finding time to see your friends, especially when the demands of caregiving call. Try thinking outside the box. If you don't have the time to sit down for a lunch date or dinner out with a friend, aim for creative alternatives instead. Maybe your friend can accompany you on a shopping outing, or you can arrange side-by-side haircut appointments. Think about something you both like to do "“ or need to do anyway, and work on making your schedules line up: Mall walking together? Joining the same support group?
-- Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health