Take a Break
Change Your Mood -- Tonight!
Last updated:June 22, 2011
An impressive body of research shows that laughter has the power to boost mood, decrease tension, improve the immune response, and even give the body a mini-workout. (The physical act of laughing improves the cardiovascular system, pumping oxygen through your system.) Try renting a classic funny movie, maybe something you haven't seen in years, if ever. Try slapstick comedies like the Marx Brothers, Charlie Chaplin, early Woody Allen, or Monty Python. Or try something more modern that's light and infectious, like the penguin-toon Happy Feet.
-- Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health