Take a Break
Change Your Clothes for an Energy Boost
Last updated:June 08, 2011
Architects and designers know that color influences behavior. That's why fast-food restaurants are often orange and yellow (energizing, so you eat fast and move on) and bedrooms are often blue (serene and restful). Color psychologists say that you can use the subliminal meanings of colors in your clothing to inspire you, too. Dressing for mood can be like a secret handshake to yourself all day long.
So if you're facing a rough day -- a doctor's appointment, tests, a tour of a nursing-care facility -- consider powering yourself up by wearing red. It's the color of energy, strength, power -- and love.
"“ Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health