Take a Break
Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
Last updated: Nov 30, 2011
A warm exchange of hellos with a favorite friend or relative is a wonderful boost. What can make it even better? Making it a video chat, so you can see each other on your computers while you visit. Many people use videoconferencing for work, or with a tech-savvy child who goes off to college, but stick to old habits talking to other phone friends the same way as always. The next time you're thinking about catching up with an old roommate or a cousin across the country, suggest setting it up as a video-call. Services like Skype or Gmail Chat are easy even for newbies, and free.
-- Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health