Take a Break
A Surprising Switcheroo That Bathes You With Energy
Last updated:August 10, 2011
Most of us take a shower first thing in the morning or last thing at night. How about moving this daily step to a different part of the day once in a while, so it becomes a combination grooming task and energy break?
Doing something so out-of-sequence can by itself be a mental pick-me-up; the brain tends to pay more attention to new and unusual things than rote ones. But the warm water, scrubbing, and invigorating towel rub afterward can also perk you up. Whenever you're home, try scheduling a quick cleanup at the point in the day when you'd normally grab a candy bar or a snooze.
-- Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health