Take a Break
A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
Last updated: Nov 09, 2011
Do you sometimes get cranky without realizing why? Maybe it's because you haven't eaten lately. Rising and falling levels of serotonin, a hormone, affect the parts of the brain that allow people to control anger, according to University of Cambridge research. Serotonin levels also ebb when you're under stress. By being good to yourself and building several healthy-snack breaks into your day you can regulate your mood before biting somebody's head off. Choose lean proteins and complex carbs, such as lowfat cheese and whole-grain crackers, peanut butter on celery, fruit, or a handful of nuts.
-- Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health