Take a Break
A Simple Way to Give Your Health a Boost
Last updated:July 06, 2011
You've probably heard how omega-3 fatty acids help slow inflammation and improve brain function, among a host of benefits. Omega-3s are found in oily fish, such as salmon, which you should try to eat weekly or more, and in fortified products such as eggs.
You can also add fish-oil capsules, ground flaxseed, or omega-3 powder to food. Try putting some in a pick-me-up smoothie or milkshake. The milk or yogurt adds calcium, the fruit gives you nutrients, and the capsules give you needed omega-3s in a way you won't notice.
-- Paula Spencer Scott
- Stretch for More Energy
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: How Accurate Are Movies on Aging?
- How to Write Away Your Blues
- Three Questions to Help De-Stress Your Holiday Season
- Surround Yourself With the Smell of Relaxation
- Call a Favorite Person, Face-to-Face
- Stop Multi-Tasking to Ease Stress and Get More Done
- Escaping in a Book Has Never Been Easier
- A Soothing Reason to Build Snack Breaks Into Your Day
- Creative Visits Boost Friendships "“ and Your Health