Smile of the Week
Last updated: Sep 24, 2013
A young man who was also an avid golfer decided to squeeze in a quick nine-hole game into his day before heading home. Just as he was about to tee off an older lady shuffled onto the tee and asked if she could accompany him, since he was golfing alone. Not being able to say no, he said, "Sure, the more the merrier."
To his surprise the lady played fairly quickly. She didn't hit the ball far, but plodded along consistently and didn't waste much time. Finally, they reached the 9th fairway and the young man found himself with a tough shot. There was a large pine tree right in front of his ball -- and directly between his ball and the green.
After several minutes of debating how to hit the shot the lady finally said, "You know, when I was your age I'd hit the ball right over that tree."
With that challenge placed before him, the young man swung hard, hit the ball up, right smack into the top of the tree trunk, and it thudded back on the ground not a foot from where it had originally lay.
The lady offered one more comment, "Of course, when I was your age that pine tree was only three feet tall."
- The Junk Wars: 8 Ways to Get Rid of Aging Parents' "Stuff"
- Know Thy Father: A Guide to Dad's Day
- Don't Wait for a Doctor's Visit to Test for High Blood Pressure
- 8 Spring Pick-Me-Ups for Tired Caregivers
- 10 Feel-Good Dementia Caregiver New Year Resolutions
- How to Say Thank You to a Caregiver This Thanksgiving
- Mom Far Away? Cool Gift Ideas, and Yes, There's Still Time!
- World Alzheimer's Day and Why People With Alzheimer's Need It
- Secret Cure for Deadly Stress: Taking the Team Approach
- Prescription Medications Cost Too Much? Here's What to Do