Older Patients, Wiser Care Archive 2011
Better Ways to Make Your Wishes Known
June 07, 2011
In my written instructions for family and caregivers I've stated: "If I'm living, let me live. If I'm dying, let me die." Is this enough? I'd appreciate some "informed advice" on this, with alternate suggestions."... Read more
Why Your Older Loved One May Want to Skip That Cancer Screening
February 07, 2011
Recent studies and expert guidelines have suggested that it's often appropriate to dial back on cancer screening as people age, especially if they have dementia or another condition... Read more
How to Avoid the Perils of a Too-Soon Hospital Discharge
January 31, 2011
Patients are sometimes discharged from a hospital sooner than they should be. Learn how to avoid an early and unsafe discharge from a hospital.... Read more
There's More Than One Way to Cure Constipation
January 20, 2011
What's the best way to treat constipation that is caused by Vicodin? Is an over-the-counter laxative like Miralax recommended as a cure? My father has chronic back pain due to arthritis... Read more
- 12 Advantages of Old Age
- Better Ways to Make Your Wishes Known
- Why Your Older Loved One May Want to Skip That Cancer Screening
- How to Avoid the Perils of a Too-Soon Hospital Discharge
- There's More Than One Way to Cure Constipation
- 11 Ways We All Can Counter the "Disadvantages of Old Age"
- Is a Bracelet to Restore Balance and Energy Too Good to Be True?
- When to Worry About Weight Loss and Poor Nutrition
- Why the Doctor Sometimes Talks to the Caregiver Instead of the Patient
- How Can I Convince Seniors to Get a Flu Shot?