Older Patients, Wiser Care Archive 2009
12 Advantages of Old Age
September 22, 2016
Find out why being old doesn't mean you can't have fun. Enjoy some old age humor and learn about the 12 advantage of being old. Thankfully, getting older is not all bad. ... Read more
Does the Patient Have Dementia or Alzheimer's?
December 11, 2009
A helpful article explains the difference between Alzheimer's disease and dementia. Learn about memory loss, types of dementia, dementia symptoms, Alzheimer's and more. ... Read more
Hospital or Hospice
November 20, 2009
When an elderly patient is critically ill, sometimes offering choices can help with difficult decisions. Find out more about a hospital vs. hospice decision.... Read more
The Man Couldn't Walk. Why Did the ER Miss His Fractured Pelvis?
October 23, 2009
Misdiagnosed Fractured Pelvis. Learn how an ER can misdiagnose a pelvis fracture, how to recognize and react to a fractured pelvis.... Read more
Why I Withheld Blood Pressure Meds
October 09, 2009
Learn why some doctors may give the wrong medical advice to an older loved one and how to assist doctors in getting a more complete health assessment to avoid bad medical advice.... Read more
- 12 Advantages of Old Age
- Better Ways to Make Your Wishes Known
- Why Your Older Loved One May Want to Skip That Cancer Screening
- How to Avoid the Perils of a Too-Soon Hospital Discharge
- There's More Than One Way to Cure Constipation
- 11 Ways We All Can Counter the "Disadvantages of Old Age"
- When to Worry About Weight Loss and Poor Nutrition
- Why the Doctor Sometimes Talks to the Caregiver Instead of the Patient
- How Can I Convince Seniors to Get a Flu Shot?
- To Pull or Not to Pull? Deciding Whether to Get Late-Life Dentures