Wii Senior Sports Craze May Get Your Parents Moving
Last updated: Mar 31, 2008
Every day, it seems, there’s a new study saying how great exercise is for the elderly. Good to know, but piles of research don't necessarily get our older loved ones active.
A video game may. The Nintendo Wii is all the craze in retirement communities and nursing homes, as reported in numerous local papers like
Medical experts are taking note.
All you need is a TV and about $300 for a Wii (sold in any consumer electronic store, including on-line). Chances are your kids can teach your parents. Maybe your parents are already Wii'ing? What sports do they like?
Image by Flickr user Mitmap78 used under the Creative Commons attribution license.
- The Junk Wars: 8 Ways to Get Rid of Aging Parents' "Stuff"
- Know Thy Father: A Guide to Dad's Day
- Don't Wait for a Doctor's Visit to Test for High Blood Pressure
- 8 Spring Pick-Me-Ups for Tired Caregivers
- 10 Feel-Good Dementia Caregiver New Year Resolutions
- How to Say Thank You to a Caregiver This Thanksgiving
- Mom Far Away? Cool Gift Ideas, and Yes, There's Still Time!
- World Alzheimer's Day and Why People With Alzheimer's Need It
- Secret Cure for Deadly Stress: Taking the Team Approach
- Prescription Medications Cost Too Much? Here's What to Do