My Own Last (Online) Wishes
Last updated: Apr 04, 2008
Members of Facebook, take note: You can now alert designated loved ones of your last wishes all from the convenience of your Facebook account.
As lovers of Scrabulous well know, Facebook offers extra applications that let members of the social networking site play games and share photos and favorite movies with one another. And now, blogger Joel Schoenmeyer of the Death and Taxes Blog alerts us to another application that lets you share personal information with your online friends: "My Own Last Wishes." Just as the name implies, My Own Last Wishes helps members let their (online) loved ones know:
- Their preferences for funeral service, including flowers, songs, readings and epitaph
- Who they want to care for their pet
- Whether they have a will or trust
- What investment or insurance accounts they hold
- Any other final instructions or special messages
Online reaction to the program has been mixed. Many Facebook users commenting on the program on the online discussion board call the idea impersonal and macabre, while other say that it's never too early to start letting your loved ones know what your final wishes are. What about you? Would you ever share your final wishes via the Internet? Have you found another way to let your family know where to find important personal and financial information if something were to happen to you?
Image courtesy of Facebook
- 8 Spring Pick-Me-Ups for Tired Caregivers
- 10 Feel-Good Dementia Caregiver New Year Resolutions
- How to Say Thank You to a Caregiver This Thanksgiving
- The Junk Wars: 8 Ways to Get Rid of Aging Parents' "Stuff" (and Your Resentment Over Having to Deal With It)
- World Alzheimer's Day and Why People With Alzheimer's Need It
- Depression and Dependence: When It's Time to Say, "I Need Time Alone"
- Cancer and Dementia
- Happy Holidays to YOU; 5 Ways to Care for Yourself This Christmas
- 5 Ways to Avoid Getting Pushed to the Brink by Alzheimer's Care
- Prevent Winter Falls with These 6 Safety Tips
- Is TDM-1 a Miracle Drug for Advanced Breast Cancer?
- Do Drinking Coffee and Tea Prevent Diabetes?
- Season's Greetings Cards, To and About Someone With Dementia
- What To Do When There's Cancer In Your Family
- New Treatments Bring Hope for Advanced Parkinson's Disease