A New, Cool, and Easy Way to Support the Fight Against Alzheimer's
Last updated: Jun 16, 2008
Thrive on multi-tasking? In about one minute, you can: (a) simultaneously make a financial contribution to the Alzheimer's Association, (b) flag your support for the Alzheimer's cause on your website or blog, (c) and honor a specific parent, grandparent, or other loved one.
Did I mention it's easy and won't cost you a cent?
Caring.com has partnered with the Alzheimer's Association to launch the Caring-Alzheimer's Association ribbon campaign. Caring.com is donating $10 to the association for each purple ribbon posted on a site or blog, with a $10,000 total goal.
You can pick one of two messages for your ribbon and personalize it to honor a specific person. (Maybe Dad or Grandpa, for Father's Day this Sunday?) Visit the above link or the Alzheimer's Association's advocacy website, www.actionalz.com to get started.
- The Junk Wars: 8 Ways to Get Rid of Aging Parents' "Stuff"
- Know Thy Father: A Guide to Dad's Day
- Don't Wait for a Doctor's Visit to Test for High Blood Pressure
- 8 Spring Pick-Me-Ups for Tired Caregivers
- 10 Feel-Good Dementia Caregiver New Year Resolutions
- How to Say Thank You to a Caregiver This Thanksgiving
- Mom Far Away? Cool Gift Ideas, and Yes, There's Still Time!
- World Alzheimer's Day and Why People With Alzheimer's Need It
- Secret Cure for Deadly Stress: Taking the Team Approach
- Prescription Medications Cost Too Much? Here's What to Do