Activity of the Week
Last updated:August 20, 2012
Most of us go camping just for the s'mores, but why not make them at home? This easy, yummy treat is perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up that comes in a bite-size treat.
What you'll need:
- 8 graham crackers
- A baggie
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- Mini marshmallows
- 12 mini-size candy bars
- A muffin tin
- An oven
Why it's great:
- It captures that family-fun camping feel, but you don't need a tent or a kerosene lantern.
- It's an easy treat for all ages and only takes a few minutes.
- S'mores lead to camping stories, which lead to campfire ghost stories and silly songs. Let each recipe spark a story.
- If you're having a tough day, you know that chocolate and marshmallow might make it just a bit better.
How to do it:
- Place your 8 graham crackers in a baggie and crush them with your hands or roll with a can from your pantry, then add the confectioner's sugar and mix it in the baggie with your hands. Place the crushed graham cracker mix in the muffin tin (I use a mini-muffin tin for bite-size treats). Preheat your oven to 350.
- Melt the 6 tablespoons of butter in the microwave in a small cup and drizzle over the crushed graham crackers. Place in oven for 4 minutes.
- Top each graham cracker-filled muffin with 2 to 4 mini marshmallows, or cut the larger size marshmallows in half with a knife or kitchen shears.
- Return to oven until marshmallows have softened.
- Meanwhile, open the 12 mini chocolate bars and microwave until melted.
- Drizzle over graham crackers and marshmallows and let cool.
- These refrigerate for up to a month. Pop in microwave for 15 seconds to get them nice and melted.