It's easy to complain. Remembering to be grateful needs a nudge. Studies have shown that being grateful boosts the immune system, curbs depression, and even contributes to a better night's sleep. Creating a gratitude tree is a perfect family craft; it's something everyone can add to, and it's an easy way to bring nature into your home.
What you'll need:
- A tree branch
- A pot filled with dirt
- Small rocks or shells
- Slips of paper (or construction paper cut into leaves)
- A marker
- Optional: a small strand of lights
Why it's great:
- Being grateful reminds us that although we may have our challenges, life is still good.
- There's something to be thankful for every day.
- Every person's list is different.
- You get to know your family and friends in a new way by understanding what they value and appreciate.
- You take the idea of gratitude with you wherever you go.
- It's a wonderful table decor