Bathing and Hair Care
Strategies for tackling one of the trickiest and most intimate parts of caring for your mother when she's unable to care for herself.
Strategies for tackling one of the trickiest and most intimate parts of caring for your father when he's unable to care for himself.
Giving a bed bath: a step-by-step guide. When getting to the shower or tub isn't possible, a bed bath is the only option.
More About Bathing and Hair Care
- Bathing Your Parent
- 3 Ways to Ease Awkward Feelings About Personal Care
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Shampooing an Older Adult's Hair
- Complete Guide to Bathing for Stroke Survivors
- 6 Essential Supplies for Caring for Your Parent's Hair
- 8 Essentials for Bathing Your Parent
- Shower Alternatives
- Senior Hair Washing
- Hiring a Caregiver for In-Home Help
- How to Get Paid for Being a Family Caregiver
- Exploring Options for Home Healthcare
- Live-in Care
- Editors' Picks: 10 Great Read-Aloud Books for Men
- Home Care Interview Checklist
- Home Care Checklist
- Can you offer any advice on bathing a modest parent?
- Can you offer any tips for bathing an overweight parent?
- What Should I Do if My Parent Resists Bathing?
- Is there an alternative to washing my father's private areas?
- Is there an alternative to washing my mom's private areas?
- How can I encourage my listless mom to bathe?
- What can I do to help my dad stay comfortable during bath time?
- What are some budget-friendly ways to keep my mom safe during bathing?
- How often do I need to bathe my parent?
- How can I wash my mother's hair when she resists shampooing?
- How often do I need to shampoo my dad's hair?
- How do I get my father to bathe when he refuses to do anything but just wash off?
- How do I get my great grandfather to wash his body?
- How can we get Grandpa to have more sanitary habits?
- How often are hospitals required to bathe the elderly?
- Can my grandmother get a safety bath tub from Medicaid?