Bathing and Hair Care
Strategies for tackling one of the trickiest and most intimate parts of caring for your mother when she's unable to care for herself.
Strategies for tackling one of the trickiest and most intimate parts of caring for your father when he's unable to care for himself.
Giving a bed bath: a step-by-step guide. When getting to the shower or tub isn't possible, a bed bath is the only option.
More About Bathing and Hair Care
- Bathing Your Parent
- 3 Ways to Ease Awkward Feelings About Personal Care
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Shampooing an Older Adult's Hair
- Complete Guide to Bathing for Stroke Survivors
- 6 Essential Supplies for Caring for Your Parent's Hair
- 8 Essentials for Bathing Your Parent
- Shower Alternatives
- Senior Hair Washing
- What You Need to Know About Hiring In-Home Caregivers
- How to Get Paid for Being a Family Caregiver
- What You Need to Know About Live-In Senior Care
- Editors' Picks: 10 Great Read-Aloud Books for Men
- Bathroom Safety for Older Adults
- A Buyer's Guide to Choosing Bathroom Safety Products
- Old-Person Smell
- Can you offer any advice on bathing a modest parent?
- What Should I Do if My Parent Resists Bathing?
- Is there an alternative to washing my mom's private areas?
- How can I encourage my listless mom to bathe?
- How can I wash my mother's hair when she resists shampooing?
- How do I get my father to bathe when he refuses to do anything but just wash off?
- How can we get Grandpa to have more sanitary habits?
- How often are hospitals required to bathe the elderly?
- How can I convince my wife to bathe?
- How do I get my abled-bodied mom to bathe?
- How can we get my grandmother to bathe?
- How can I deal with my mother, who has Alzheimer's, and her fear of water?
- What can we do if the Alzheimer's facility that my mom lives in won't bathe her?
- How do I help Dad with his personal hygiene?
- How do we get my mother-in-law, who has Alzheimer's, to allow us to clean her house or bathe her?
- How do I get my dad out of the bathtub?