Once you're set up as an expert, it's easy to keep track of your Caring.com questions and answers. Here's how the process works:
- You'll receive an e-mail from Caring.com with a link to each new question in your area.
- Log in with your Caring.com username and password.
- Answer the question and click "Submit." Your answer is automatically posted on Caring.com immediately after you submit it.
If you need help, we're available via e-mail at email@example.com.
Each time that a question is assigned to you, you will receive an e-mail notice from Caring.com. The e-mail will always include the question and two links (one to the list of all questions assigned to you and the other to the question itself).
Your List of Assigned Questions
Once you're set up as an expert, we'll create a questions page just for you. It 's url will be in the format: www.caring.com/questions/assigned/your-name-here.
You can visit this page at any time to check on your queue of questions.
On this page, you can click through to answer a question. If the question isn't right for you, 'reject' the question so the Caring.com team can assign it to another expert.
Before you can answer questions, you must sign in to Caring.com:
- Click the "Sign In" link in the upper right corner of the Caring.com home page.
- Enter your username and password and click "Continue."
To answer a question:
- Click the question link in your notification e-mail or on your question queue page.
- Answer the question. See the Tips for Answering Questions page for help writing your answer.
- Review your answer to ensure that it's clearly written and proofread it for errors.
- Click "Submit" to submit your answer. This automatically posts your answer on Caring.com.
- Always make sure you're signed into Caring.com before you begin answering questions. If you need help remembering your username or password, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always see if you're signed in by looking at the upper righ t hand corner of any Caring.com page.
- If you're receiving too few questions, please let us know that you're willing to answer more.
- If you're receiving questions that don't fit your area of expertise, please let us know.
- If you have any other questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.