1. Cough-suppressant drops. They're good for you, yes, but there's another reason to carry them on flights. Kindly offering them to fellow passengers who are coughing on you is a polite way to indicate that their coughing is bothering you.
2. Nose protection. Make sure your accessible toiletries contain nasal mist or saline nose spray to help combat the dry air inside the plane. Tea bags are another useful item to carry, as drinking hot liquids throughout the flight keeps your nasal passages moist, which can help fend off viruses.
3. Hand sanitizer. Studies show that sanitizing gel is a good alternative when you can't get up to wash your hands. Use it before you eat or touch your eyes or nose.
4. Alcohol-based disinfectant wipes. Use them to wipe down surfaces that you'll be touching.
5. Eye mask and ear plugs. They help you sleep, and sleep boosts your immune system.
Be sure to also check out our tips on what to do to protect yourself before you board the plane.