(800) 973-1540

Where to Find Professional Help or Support Groups

By , Contributing Writers
67% helpful
  • the community pages of the phone directory
  • the local county medical society, which can provide a list of counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists
  • religious service agencies
  • community health clinics
  • religious and spiritual advisors
  • United Way's "First Call for Help"
  • a hospital's social service department
  • online or offline support groups
  • parish nurses
  • Area Agency on Aging

    Ask for help from a counselor who is familiar with the needs of caregivers.