Treatment Options for Alzheimer's and Other Dementias
Although there's no cure for Alzheimer's disease or most other dementias, both drug and nondrug treatments can help improve the quality of life for many sufferers. Activities that provide mental stimulation and physical exercise have been shown to slow the rate of mental decline in many people, prolonging independence. Be sure to follow the latest news and research.
Although Alzheimer's and other dementias can't be cured, you can slow their progression. 5 ways to make a positive difference in a loved one's decline.
Practical ways to keep someone afflicted with Alzheimer's mentally engaged -- for the sake of her cognitive and emotional health.
Understand the types of Alzheimer's Medication, learn how Alzheimer's medications work, and discover what medications are most often prescribed for Alzheimer's disease.
More About Treatment Options for Alzheimer's and Other Dementias
- Slowing Alzheimer's Progress
- 3 Conditions That Can Masquerade as "Dementia Getting Worse"
- Dental Treatment for Alzheimer's Patients
- Why People With Dementia Need Daily Exercise
- What to Know About Memory Disorder Centers
- What to Know Before You Join an Alzheimer's Disease Clinical Trial
- Nontraditional Therapies to Help Someone With Alzheimer's
- 3 Smart Tips for Making Sure Someone With Dementia Takes Medications Properly
- Memory Trouble? Don't Assume It's Alzheimer's
- Test Yourself: What You Don't Know About Alzheimer's Can Hurt You (or Your Loved One)
- Is there a drug alternative to Seroquel?
- How do I make sure my father with Alzheimer's remembers to take his medicines?
- Is it common for Alzheimer's patients to have good and bad days with their memory?
- Can my mom continue to drive if she taking Aricept?
- Are there any sleep aids that don't have side effects for dementia patients?
- Can Ritalin be used to treat Alzheimer's?
- Can light therapy be beneficial for Alzheimer's patients?
- Are Mom's medications not working?
- Will discontinuing my mother's antidepressants accelerate her Alzheimer's?
- Is drug therapy the way to get Mom over the grief of losing her beloved dog?
- How effective are Aricept and Namenda for slowing Alzheimer's disease?
- Does any one have experience with their loved one taking Seroquel?
- What is the difference between the Exelon patch and the Aricept pill?
- Can my family legally stop Dad from getting medicine?
- How long do Exelon and Risperdal work?
- Could his fall have advanced his Alzheimer's?