Financial Assistance for Seniors
Most seniors rely on a wide range of Social Security benefits to provide at least some regular income. Those who have few assets and very low income might also qualify for the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program. And if either partner of a married couple was in the military, they both may be eligible for veterans benefits. Try the BenefitsCheckup calculator to find out what benefits you're eligible for.
V.A. grants help some veterans buy a specially adapted vehicle or adapt their own. Learn who qualifies and how to apply for an adapted vehicle grant.
Find out Who Qualifies for SSI
Veterans benefits can ease a senior or disabled person's finances. To help a veteran apply, consider these qualifications for veterans benefits.
More About Financial Assistance for Seniors
- V.A. Benefits Finder
- V.A. Nursing Home Benefits
- CHAMPVA Medical Benefits
- Priority V.A. Medical Benefits for Veterans With a Service-Connected Disability
- V.A. Burial Benefits
- V.A. Medical Benefits
- V.A. Home Modification Grants
- V.A. Service-Connected Disability Compensation
- National Council on Aging: Interview With Paul DelPonte
- V.A. Pension
- Read more articles about Financial Assistance for Seniors…
- Are there government benefits for someone who's had a stroke and gets only a small company pension?
- How can Mom's supplemental security income (SSI) be increased?
- How we can avoid my moms S.S. from being reduced?
- What kind of living arrangements are available for those under 65, but disabled, without a lot of money?
- Is there federal assistance for caregivers?
- Does my mother have rights to her husband's Social Security?
- Is the widow of a WWII vet eligible for assisted living/nursing care benefits?
- Is there help for someone under age 65, who has serious illness and little money?
- Where can I find financial assistance? I'm out of work and the sole caregiver for my wife who has Alzheimer's.
- How should my mother decide when to file for Social Security?
- Read more questions about Financial Assistance for Seniors…