(800) 973-1540

What could cause chest pain, throat tightening and joint aches?

For about three weeks I have had chest pains, my left bicep hurts, my throat feels like it is closing and every joint in my body aches. It has progressively gotten more painful. What possibly could be causing these symptoms?

Answers

Reading through your question, you have many symptoms that are worrisome to me, especially the chest pain and the fact that your "throat feels like its closing". You need to See also:
Is there anyway we can make my husbands mother seek medical...

See all 406 questions about General Health
see your medical provider right away, as they need to do a complete exam and work-up for your symptoms. Please do this soon, as I am concerned because your symptoms are getting worse. Good luck!

UPDATE: Reading through the 2 above responses about my submission of a "non-answer", I will add that it is extremely difficult to diagnose someone when you cannot question or examine them. The symptoms listed in the initial question are concerning to me, and should be investigated by someone's primary medical provider. But, if I had to list some possibilities that ran through my head when I read this question, they would include cardiac disorders, autoimmune disorders, panic attacks, depression, or anxiety. Again, these are all problems that would need to be addressed by a health professional as soon as possible.

I would give a few examples of what the problem could be. I understand that you do not want to diagnose the problem but the obviously the person asking the question is concerned already. This was a total non answer.

Actually, most of the answers in this "publication" are "non-answers" and I find that what could be a useful and interesting dissemination of information is nothing more than legally sanitized babble.

gigi92201 answered...

As an RN of 28 years I found those symptoms quite alarming also. It could be anything, but it might be heart related pain. Now, would you like someone to tell you that there is something wrong with your heart without examinining you? Picky, picky. Be nice, and urge the question asker to get to their doctor as soon as possible.

I am a forty-four year old mother of three. I had joint pain, swelling of the joints, neck pain, and soreness in the upper biceps. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with R.A. I was given strong medication to controll the swelling. A week later I got the pain back in my arm, chest, and throat. This time I was having a heart attack. When scheduled for a coronary bypass they could not do it because I was diagnosed with Lupus on top of my R.A. Lupus is an autoimmune disorder. It has been two months since my heart attack and now my Lupus and R.A. is under control I am scheduled for five bypasses next week. Please don't wait, and go get checked right away. Migrain headaches was also a symptom.

jancie11 answered...

I had the same symptoms 5 years ago. The cause is FUNGUS!

Go to knowthecause.com and find out how fungus causes all RA, Lupus, MS, etc.......all Auto-Immune diseases. This saved my life!

Start taking probiotics....and starving the fungus. All my diseases are gone.....Squamous cell carcinoma, Diabetes, Arthritis, Asthma, H-Pylori, etc. I started taking probiotics to build up my immune system and avoided all corn, wheat, dairy, pasta etc to starve the parasites within my gut. Praise God, I have not been sick for 5 years now!

Janet Beeching answered...

I'd put my money on a panic attack. I've suffered them for years, and that's exactly how I feel. Especially the closing throat. The pain is real, the panic constricts blood vessles, while your BP is elevated, so more blood in trying to get through smaller vessles, the result is painful. On the upside, if there is one, people who suffer from panic attacks are usually intelligent, caring people who have at some point in their lives been responsible for parenting their parent(s). Or have been suffering from PTS, post traumatic stress, for me it was result of being raped when I was 29, the panic set in about 3 years later, and I'm 58 today, and still have occasional bouts of it. But now that I can recognize it for what it is, it bothers me less, and xanax helps.

The response from jancie11 sounds more like a SALES PITCH for that fungus website (knowthecause.com) that she mentioned, or the website founder's BOOK that he sells, or even the SHOW that he hosts! I would take most of the above answers with a MAJOR grain of salt and simply SEE A LICENSED, BOARD CERTIFIED PHYSICIAN ASAP!

CA-Claire answered...

I believe the first answer that Jenifer Serafin gave was the most responsible. Too many of us expect quick answers from health care professionals when we give too little detail.

Our bodies are so complicated that even when a medical professional examines us carefully, they may miss something. This site is about caregiving (i.e. caring.com), if it were about on-line diagnosis most of us wouldn't be here.

Hope the original poster gets to their healthcare practitioner immediately.