(800) 973-1540

What can be causing the severe pain in my bladder?

1 answer | Last updated: Jun 03, 2010
I have severe pain in my bladder, and it must be tilted because of the way I urinate. I am a 71 year-old female. I told my doctor many times, but what ever I bring up, it is acid reflux or arthritis. I had a test done 4 months ago for acid reflux and they tell me for my age I have very little acid reflux. What does it have to do with severe pain in the bladder?? I do not understand how it could be related.

Answers

In reading your question, I agree with you. I do not know how having severe pain in your bladder is related at all to reflux.

Regarding bladder pain, you sound See also:
Is there anything that will help relieve my dad's pain after his stroke?
like you need to see a urogynecologist. If you are having trouble urinating, and your bladder is"tilted", perhaps your bladder is not emptying well. You may be retaining urine, which can cause bladder pain. You could also have an infection in your bladder if you retain urine, so that needs to be checked out. You need to be seen by a specialist, and I suggest you make an appointment with a urogynecologist soon.