(800) 973-1540

What treatment is avialable for oculopalatal myoclonus?

2 answers | Last updated: Feb 13, 2014
MamaLovesPapa asked...

Answers
CARLAMAE5 answered...

I SUSTAINED A BRAIN INJURY FROM CLOSED HEAD TRAUMA WHERE I SUFFERED COMA, BRAINSTEM DAMAGE... AMONG OTHER THINGS.. MY LEFT EYE BOUNCES UP AND DOWN AT ALL TIMES. I HAVE BALANCE ISSUES, I WALK WITH A CANE AND DO NOT DRIVE. I SEE EVERYTHING IN MOTION. I GET MONTHLY BOTOX INJECTIONS IN MY LOWER LID (PINK AREA INSIDE) THE BOUNCING DOESNT STOP BUT THE BOTOX MINIMIZES THE RANGE OF THE BOUNCE. TO WEAR ITS BEARABLE. ITS THE ONLY THING I KNOW OF. IM STILL SEARCHING FOR SOMETHING MORE IT LAST 13 WEEKS IN THE BEGINNING BUT NOW,,, I GO EVERY MONTH TO MY NUERO ophthalmologist EVERY MONTH. JOHN HOPKINS DR REPKA BALTIMORE MD -PS....IM 49 YEARS YOUNG

I had a brain stem bleed in 9/2011 and I was doing great except a year after I developed OPM but it took another year for a neuro ophthalmologist to diagnose. I have been looking for a cure because I feel like I went backwards in progress. I was just given Nuerontin but have not tried it yet. I hate taking medication.