Where can I get mastectomy support?

I had Breast Cancer. After my masectomy, chemo, and radiation, I now feel ashamed of my one breast and I cry a lot. My oncologist has me on medications but nothing seems to help. I am not in a relationship because I don't want anyone to see me. Are there any support groups in the Lithonia Ga area for women like me who are or has gone through this and they support themselves as we travel down this long lifetime road?

Answers
Doctor Logan answered...

As an Oncologist, I have found that women with breast cancer that undergo treatment then have a mastectomy are left to bear the less then happy loss and embarrasment. Consult a counselor for emotional assistance and consider an implant. Many women can effect a solved loss as the result of surgical processes. I recommend the saline filled due to the possibiity of poisoning by silicone. Some surgeons are useful at filling the breast with tissue from inside the upper-abdominal cavity that can be treated to assure non-regection. Actual use of implants is the most viable and esiest to effect without side- affects. Acceptance is crucial to effecting emotional and physical healing. Contact a support group in atlanta and discover the implant specialists that are in the area. Consult and get several opinions. The newest research is geared toward growing new masts from seed tissue and t-cells that dis-separate to form effective masts. Dr.Logan