(800) 973-1540

Is Flonase vs Nasonex more effective?

VampEwst asked...
Is Flonase vs Nasonex more effective?
For this comment:

Answers
TJaco78 answered...

Flonase and Nasonex are both medications used to treat sinus congestion. They are mainly taken by people who have seasonal allergies and other nasal issues. Nasonex is usually considered more See also:
How can I cover my medical care expenses?

See all 723 questions about Drugs & Medications
effective when compared to Flonase in studies. This is because one of the top side effects of Flonase is the drug being ineffective for patients. Nasonex does not have ineffectiveness as one of its side effects. The two medications are very similar because they are both corticosteroids and they both can be addictive as well. Flonase is available in generic form, which means that it is usually cheaper then a prescription for Nasonex. The treatment is similar as well and many patients will try one nasal spray for a while and then try another if the first is ineffective.

jason6311 answered...

As a long-time allergy sufferer, I can share: Flonase is not just "usually cheaper", it is massively cheaper, on the order of $20 for generic Flonase and $150 for Nasonex. If you are on an insurance plan such as an HSP, or are not insured, ask your doctor about generic Flonase first (even insist if necessary).