(800) 973-1540

Is there anything I can do to get the white bumps on my eye lids to go away?

1 answer | Last updated: Jul 24, 2014
i have these white bumps on my eye lids. i think this is from high cholesterol. if i can get my cholesterol in check, will these bumps go away. is there anything i can get to make them go away?

Answers
Carolyn Strimike, N.P. and Margie Latrella, N.P. are cardiac nurse practitioners specializing in the prevention of heart disease and stroke. They have over 40...

The first thing to do is to find out what are causing the white bumps on your eyelids. If you have a history of high cholesterol (especially triglycerides) these whilte See also:
"Are egg yolks not recommended for heart and high cholesterol patients?"
bumps may be xanthomas. They are caused by fatty deposits due to the high cholesterol levels. By treating the underlying high cholesterol, a reduction or resolution of these bumps can occur. If not, there are topical treatments or excisional procedures that can be done. A dermatologist would be the doctor to see for that type of treatment. It is possible that they will recur even if you have them removed. Most importantly,though, is getting the cholesterol contolled to decrease your risk for other cardiovascular diseases as well.

Another cause of white bumps on the eyelids is clogged or blocked oil glands. These white bumps are called milia.

I would recommend you see your primary healthcare provider to check your cholesterol and the dermatologist to accurately diagnose the cause of the bumps on your eyelids.