(800) 973-1540

Could post hysterectomy sex pain be cancer?

Could post hysterectomy sex pain be cancer? I often have severe pain when I have sex, I am wondering whether this could be cancer related. My parents died with cancer and it has crossed my mind. I had a hysterectomy when I was 24. I am now 42 and am now experiencing a lot of terrible pain. I have not went to the doctor because I am afraid of the news that I may get.

Answers

From reading your letter, I can tell that you are worried. You do not mention in your letter why you had a hysterectomy at 24 years of age. You also See also:
Is having oral sex during chemotherapy treatment safe?

See all 807 questions about Cancer
do not say if they took your ovaries as well (which would mean that you need to be on hormone replacement therapy). To be honest, pain during sex after a hysterectomy is most commonly caused by vaginal dryness. Painful sex can also be caused by very tense muscles in the pelvic area. Since you had a hysterectomy so young, I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with your Gynecologist to get checked out, to be on the safe side. I do not think it is cancer from reading your letter, but sex should not be painful, so you do need a thorough examination and treatment for your problem.