(800) 973-1540

How fast does hair fall out from chemo?

Mrilyn asked...
How fast does hair fall out after chemo treatments? Will a doctor do laser surgery on a tumor at the base of the brain that has attached to the spine that is 7 ml and then follow up with three treatments of chemo? How fast does the hair grow back after chemo, and does it grow back evenly?
For this question:

Answers
Senior Editor Melanie Haiken, who is responsible for Caring.com's coverage of cancer, general health, and family finance, discovered how important it is to provide accurate...

It's difficult to make definite predictions about hair loss because it varies depending on which chemotherapy drugs you're taking and the dosage. And even then, it can be different from one person to the next. Here's a guide to what to expect when it comes to hair loss and chemotherapy. And here are some ideas for how to prepare.

Mine started thinning rapidly 2 weeks after my first chemo treatment. My scalp felt like it was sunburned so it was painful to touch my hair. You'll be more comfortable if you just shave it off once it starts thinning.