(800) 973-1540

How Can I Enroll in a Clinical Trial for an Alzheimer's Disease Drug?

1 answer | Last updated: Sep 27, 2012
Paula Spencer Scott, contributing editor, is the author of Surviving Alzheimer's. A Met Life Foundation Journalists in Aging fellow, she writes extensively about health...
100% helpful

Your best bet to enroll in clinical research for an Alzheimer's disease treatment is to check the federal Alzheimer's Disease Clinical Trials Database, a joint project of See also:
Exciting Clinical Trials for Advanced Prostate Cancer

See all 929 questions about Alzheimer's and Other Dementias
the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the National Institute on Aging (NIA), and the Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center (ADEAR). Its website has a searchable database of clinical trials. You can also call (800) 438-4380.

There are two main kinds of clinical research. Clinical trials test drugs, devices, and other treatment interventions before they can be approved for general use. Clinical studies observe people and gather information that can be used to study changes over time as well as possible causes. Both kinds of research require thousands of volunteers with a variety of backgrounds.

Another good starting place is your doctor, who may know of local studies or who can refer you to nearby institutions conducting research.


Ask a question Ask a question | Add an answer Add an answer