(800) 973-1540

How can I get financial assistance for dental work?

BOYERSLW asked...
I need help finding financial assistance for dental work. I need the few teeth that i have left pulled but with that said, I can't afford the dentist, much less the false teeth. Is there any financial assistance provided for dental work for someone 79 years of age?

Answers

As you've probably already learned, Medicaredoes not cover dental care. But if you have low income and few savings or other assets (not counting your house), you might See also:
Is there any program that offers free or low-cost senior dental care?

See all 176 questions about Financial Assistance for Seniors
qualify for Medicaid. And in some states, Medicaid covers dental care as well as medical care.

To find out whether Medicaid in your state covers dental care, and how to apply for Medicaid coverage, contact a local Medicaid office. To find a local Medicaid office near you, phone the Eldercare Locator toll-free at 800-677-1116, or online you can go to any search engine and type in "Medicaid" and the name of your state.

If you don't qualify for Medicaid, or if your state's Medicaid program doesn't cover dental care, you might contact your state or county dental association or dental society. You can find them listed in the business section of your telephone directory, or you can go to an online search engine and enter "dental association" and the name of your state or county. These associations of dentists often have referral services, and they may be able to refer you to a program that provides low-cost dentistry to people with low incomes.

Marheart answered...

Dental Insurance will not cover the work I need done from the Periodontist and the Dentist.
I'm age 68, was downsized out of my job recently, and I'm my sole support.
I've written to many agencies that do not respond. Others are lost as to what I can do.
Dental schools are 40+ miles away. I've tried to Barter with Dentists in exchange for doing office work.
So far, nothing has worked to help me get the work done, so that I'm not in pain and lose my teeth.
Something must be available.
Please help me.Thousand Oaks, CA 91360

Marheart: Have you ever thought about going across the Border? I have a friend who went down to Mexico from New Mexico and got her dental work done and at a reasonable price!!!! and if you can plan to go to Costa Rica even in this Country, Dental Care is less expensive!!!! how far do you live from Mexico? check the web and see if you can locate a Dentist/Doctor close to the Border.

I used a Dental discount card company called Careington 500. 866-295-3288. or www.1dental.com You pay a one time annual fee and they'll give you a providers list, you go and whatever work you have done will be discounted up to 70% No limits like regular ins programs. I'm having to get it again this year having horrible dental problems and pain.. :-( Good luck to you, hope it helps.