(800) 973-1540

Is there financial aid to cover moving expenses?

1 answer | Last updated: Jun 29, 2014
j.grace5829 asked...
I have decided on a extensive holistic therapy, which requires my relocation to another state. My tumor was removed two weeks ago and was classified as Stage 3b colon cancer. With no insurance, I am seeking assisstance with the relocation and no idea where to start. I've tried family and friends with little succses. Is there any group that would help or guide me? I am a 52 year-old man.

Answers
Caring.com User - Nan Hayes
Nan Hayes is founder of MoveSeniors.com, the national resource network of Certified Relocation and Transition Specialists for seniors, and President of RightSized Living...

Many cities and counties offer various types of moving assistance programs, yet most are designed for families/individuals who have already qualified for financial aid and who must move due to immediate medical or safety reasons. You may wish to inquire through your county Social Services agency. Lately, due to the slow real estate market, many condos, apartments and town home communities are offering incentive programs which also may help cover your moving costs.

Wishing you a most successful treatment.