(800) 973-1540

Does Flomax lower blood pressure?

SirDave asked...
Does Flomax lower blood pressure?

Answers
P_Loberg answered...

Flowmax does not necessarily lower blood pressure, it can have an effect on the blood pressure by mixing with other blood pressure medications. This means that lowering blood pressure is quite common and should be known by the patient before taking the medicine. People that already have low blood pressure need to be cautious and speak with a doctor before using the medication. Flowmax is an alpha blocker that is primarily used with urinary tract infections, or other infections in this part of the body that can be extremely painful to the patient, as it helps to relax the bladder, neck, and the prostate.

I wasn't forewarned about flomax lowering blood pressure when I received the prescription. After taking pill quickly had warning signs, dizziness when rising to stand and brief dizziness while driving. Normally have somewhat low-normal bp, but with flomax it went down to 87/40. Since my other meds lower my bp as side effects, decided too much risk with flomax and stopped usage. Doctor suggested taking salt, but if your pressure becomes dangerously low while sleeping...the endless sleep.