(800) 973-1540

What can I do for my blurry vision?

1 answer | Last updated: Jan 22, 2014
I have had my eyes checked twice this year for blurry vision. They gave me a new prescription and at first it was ok, but now I am seeing blurry vision again. What can I do about it? Is there an eye specialist I need to see? I am 63 years old and have fibromyalsia with dry eye, but I use Systane every day x2. It is just really annoying to watch TV or read and have the blurred vision appear.

Answers
Caring.com User - Lylas Mogk, M.D.
Lylas Mogk, M.D. is an ophthalmologist and director of the Henry Ford Visual Rehabilitation and Research Center in Grosse Pointe and Livonia, Michigan, and...

If your blurry vision is from dry eyes, which it sounds like it may be as you were given drops, I would recommend (1)be sure you blink enough, as if you are absorbed in a TV program you may not blink as frequently as you should and eyes that don't blink frequently become dry,(2) be sure you do not have a heater or air conditioner blowing on your face and (3)install a furnace or room humidifier. Depending on the reason for your dry eyes, you may benefit also from hot wet compresses over closed eyes for 10-2 minutes several times a day.