Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Piney Grove Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Posted by duaghter2 November 19, 2013
1.0

My father was admitted after hip replacement and a broken shoulder. He was supposed to be on the "short-term rehab" wing - no such thing. The halls smell like urine, you have to go through the whole place to get to his room, patients out in the hall that are not stable or coherent. Usually several in wheel chairs in the front entrance yelling and grabbing at you as you walk by. My dad was there 10 days, we were never informed of any problems until we requested a family meeting. He was taken out of bed twice in 10 days. Developed a urinary track infection that was supposed to be treated. Ended up being taken back to the hospital. When he arrived he was in septic shock and close to dying. The staff talks a good game but there is really little actual caring or concern. Many staff are rude - especially front office. Have visited other facilities now, and know it doesn't have to be this way. Please, look for another place - don't let convenience take your loved one's life like nearly happened to us. Yes, my father is 89 and ornery, but that is no excuse!

Posted by Caring70822150 October 11, 2013
3.0

Piney Grove Nursing and Rehab Center was not a really good place. My daughter's grandmother by marriage was in a shared room. She was well cared for and the staff was good. But it just was very difficult. There are a lot of folks there who were not of sound mind. I think that they had mixed combination of residents with probably Alzheimer's and some dementia, and with folks who did not have that problem. There were young people, old people.

There's an incredibly overwhelming smell of urine throughout the whole place. I know they don't have to be that way. It was an older facility and I'm sure they tried very hard. I feel bad because I'm sure the staff was great. I didn't get to interact with any of the staff.

Posted by Toni 1 December 26, 2012
4.0

Piney Grove provided rehabilitation for my mother for one month after her knee surgery. My mother was satisfied and we're all very pleased with the service.

Posted by Ltrue1245 August 30, 2012
1.0

My great-grandmother was admitted into this nursing home as she was too elderly to remain living at home without someone to take care of her. During her stay there were many incidents with other residents stealing items out of her room, violently attacking her, and the overall cleanliness of the facility left much to be desired. The regular musical guests and activities were not terrible. However, her condition eventually worsened due to a stroke that claimed much of her mobility and required an increased amount of care. Already in a wheelchair, she required assistance for many tasks which we found were not sufficiently provided by the staff at the facility. As a family, we decided that this place was no longer able to fulfill my grandmother's needs, and took her out of care there to a different facility within the same area. Overall my experiences with nursing homes has not been very favorable and I hope to not require the service of any other one.

Location of Piney Grove Nursing and Rehabilitation Center