Payment Options

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Good Shepherd Nursing Home

Posted by Daughter 801 December 17, 2013

it was heartbreaking that I couldn't care for mom at home any longer, but Good Shepherd provided excellent care. It was by far the best option within 100 miles.

Posted by KATHY D RN. July 04, 2012

THE PROFESSIONALISM BY THE STAFF AND ADMINISTRATION IS AWESOME.THEY TOOK CARE OF MY MOTHER VERY WELL.The facility was clean,needs were attended to by staf and administration promptly.I would reccommend this facility to anyone who asks me.One classy facility that I would place anyone in.God bless you all!!!!!!!!

Posted by piratesfan April 05, 2012
3.0

My grandmother was a resident of Home of the Good Shepherd for three years until her death. I felt that she received adequate attention and treatment while a Good Shepherd. However, there were times when I visited her where she needed immediate assistance or medical care, and it took longer than I would have liked for her to receive the care she needed. On numerous occasions, there were items stolen from her room (there was no door on the room), and often patients with mental issues wandered into her room without the staff noticing. The facility was clean, but it is a very old building. The dining area and food were of good quality. The staff was trained well, but the facility definitely seemed to be understaffed every time I visited. Good Shepherd is easily accessible via the Washington Avenue exit off of I-70, to US-40 west, then right on Edgington Lane in Wheeling, WV. Parking is free and immediately adjacent to Good Shepherd.

Medicare Ratings