Payment Options

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Deanwood Rehab and Wellness Center

Posted by Winkie June 02, 2014
1.0

The staff at this facility are a joke. The services rendered are unacceptable. Complaints: patients are being ignored while the nursing staff congregates at the nurse's station talking and laughing. Patients are not being cleaned and/or bathed properly. Patients the need immediate care such as medical attention are not being treated because the medical professional is a "Consultant". Meaning the staff will schedule an appointment for the patient but the doctor or nurse does not have to keep their scheduled appointment. I have written complaints…perhaps someone will read this and take heed. Next step…the Lawyers Office.

Posted by capris February 21, 2014
1.0

My mother was a resident here for 21 days and this place was a house of HORROR. The staff is constantly bickering, they dont feed the patients on time and the food is stale, cold. Some patients do not receive medicines... they are not given the correct meds... they cry and call for assistance for hours. My mother told me one night there was a flood on her floor and no one ever answered as patients rang the emergency call button for hours. i wouldnt send a pet here for care!!! there are drug addicts in the lobby and on the front of the property. I didnt feel that my mother was safe here at all. I wouldnt even give this place one star. On her last weekend in the facility she was complaining to the staff of a headache and unable to lift her head. No one attended to her for 5 hours and only gave her Tylenol and she is a stroke patient. when I arrived i had to have her transported back to the ER!

Posted by Ms. Reed June 11, 2013
1.0

This place does a good job implementing the make believe, Despite the changes made the management practices and culture remain sadly poor. Staffing turnover and facility structure display a negative imbalance. Deanwood is oriented by costly rehab and not the caring that its marketing team attempts to have others imagine.

Posted by Some1cares November 28, 2011
2.0

Here's the situation, I have to give this place a poor review because it has a long track record of not providing the best care (you can look up the findings on the dc government website from the last inspection). For years residents and their families have complained about personal items being misplaced, treatments not being properly administered, and so on. However, in the past in the last few months I have seen improvements and renovations being done. Also, others I know have recently visited and found that their experience is fairly positive. I'm not sure how deep these changes will go. Are the more than cosmetic? I'm not sure. The last time I was there I saw residents sitting out in the rain, which I thought was odd. Still would I recommend "the Dean "to a friend or family member? Not at this time. Hopefully, soon I can revise this review completely.

Posted by A Clinical Social Worker August 13, 2011
2.0

This is a nursing home, one of the mid-sized ones in the area, and it offers rehab services as well as dialysis onsite.

The place had a bad reputation in the past as far as patient care, but has recently changed hands"”and the new owners are now striving to make changes for the better.

There are already some good signs: More security at the gate, including checking of visitors' identification. There have also been changes in staff, and all staff members are now required to wear uniforms as an added security measure. The physical appearance of the place has also been improved, with new paint and new furniture. There's also a new computer system for tracking information that should help make the place run more efficiently.

There is a church, beauty salon and a shop onsite. Scheduled events include exercise and singing "“ along with holiday events and parties.

There are usually two residents to a room"”although some rooms have four. The rooms are divided only by a curtain, so there's very little privacy.

The food is typical nursing home food"”bland, and not many choices. There are, however, dieticians here who can customize menus for special diets and who accommodate some requests.

The aides oversee the custodial care"”and nurses at the nurses' desk manage the medical aspects. The coordination of care and follow-up is adequate"”especially given that this place deals with some of the toughest cases in the city.

This facility accepts strictly Medicaid, so its residents are not wealthy. It also has young adults and middle age people in it as well as seniors, and they tend to congregate in the smoking area and lounge and game room. And because so many of the residents are younger, they seem to be more active than in many nursing homes.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 095019

Health
1.0
Overall
1.0
Quality